Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Musica Popular Brasileira

I've been getting deep into MPB for the past year. Man, I gotta say, Brazilians do not fuck around when it comes the music. I started with Astrud Gilberto, then Elis Regina, then Milton Nascimento, then Lo Borges, then Antonio Carlos Jobim, now I've recently heard some tracks by a modern act called Los Hermanos. I love it. The melodies and chord structures would make Burt Bacharach mess himself and the weird shit would blow Brian Wilson's mind. Another thing I like is that it's all sung in Portugese, so I don't get hung up if the lyrics suck. I can just jam out to all the kick ass vocal performances. Elis Regina is a god, she's got amazing tone, pitch, and control.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, the lyrics don't suck..

Anonymous said...

have you listened to Jerge Ben Jor? Its great!

Eli MF Cash said...

I will have to check it out. Thanks