Sunday, July 8, 2007

Mr. George

I got into Inara George's album All Rise about a couple of years ago, and whilst I was checking around to see who this magical voice was, I learned that she is the daughter of the late Lowell George. I had heard the name when people brought up Little Feat, but had never listened to his solo stuff. He put out only one album before he died in 1979 called Thanks, I'll Eat It Here. On that album there is a song called Cheek to Cheek which kicks ass hither and fro and all over the rest of it, too. It starts out like a pretty straight ahead Mexicali song, but when that chorus hits, it turns into some crazy gypsy rumba. I can't tell what the hell the solo instrument is, some high tuned guitar or harp or something, but needless to say it is the shit. Check it.

No comments: