Wednesday, August 8, 2007

my new baby


my new baby, originally uploaded by Eli MF Cash.


I just bought a 60's Hagstrom bass (I'm thinking '65). Man it is the coolest shit ever. I've always been a stickler for simple basses (Jazz and Precisions mostly), but this thing is a load of fun. It has a total of 5 switches (lo, hi, tone, mute, and pickup) and it's short scale, which enables me to move with ease. Apparently Hagstroms were known for having "fast necks". I gotta say, from what I've felt so far, "they" are dead on. The frets are almost flush with the neck, but there's hardly any buzz (though the action is a little higher than I'm used to). The sunburst is identical to my '66 Jazz, which is a plus.

It was love at first sight. I have Magnus Sveningsson to thank for introducing me to the brand and Russ Pahl for hooking it up like a champ. Time to go plug it in to the Marshall.

P.S. That Supertramp album is the shit

No comments: